Last Update: 20/06/2019
Your Privacy is important to me
GolrizPhotography is run by Golriz Farmani as a sole trader. Your privacy is important to me and in this page I am going to explain what personal data I collect from you and how I use it. It is advisable that you read this statement and if you have any questions regarding the data I hold about you please contact me.
This page is advised to be read if you have a photoshoot with me in the past / are going to book a shoot / have given me your email address with your consent to receive the information about the services I offer. If you are not sure about any section mentioned here please contact me.
What personal information I collect and where are they kept:
When you get in touch me, through the contact form in my website, sending an email to me directly, phone me, comment on my blog posts or chat in the high street and coffee shops, enquiring and interested about my photography service, I collect your name, email address, phone number and postal address (if we are in contact via mail). This data is held within Google Drive and is password protected.
When you are browsing my website, I may automatically collect your IP address and information regarding your location, pages accessed, browsing actions and usage patterns. I collect this data by using cookies, server logs and similar technologies. This data is collected and stored in Google Analytics.
If you book an appointment, have a shoot with me and continue being in touch for the further works together, apart from the information mentioned above, I may keep some General family information, like children name, age and date of birth in order to contact you in those special milestones.
Who do I share your information with?
Under no circumstances is your data ever sold or rented to a third party.
I may share your data in the following circumstances:
– to service providers and affiliates (PayPal, postal services) who assist in the delivery of my products and services
– to third parties if I believe that disclosure is advisable or necessary to comply with the law, to enforce or apply my terms and conditions, or to protect the rights, property or safety of myself or others. This may include exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
You can have access to your information
You have the right to request a copy of the information I hold about you. If you would like a copy of the personal information I hold, please contact me. You also have the right to be forgotten, so you can contact me to request the data I hold to be destroyed.
If at any point you believe the information I process on you is incorrect you can request to see this information and even have it corrected or deleted. If you wish to raise a complaint on how I have handled your personal data, you can contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org and I will investigate the matter.
If you are not satisfied with my response or believe I am processing your personal data not in accordance with the law you can complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). Please contact me first so that I can investigate the matter and try to resolve it first.
Why do I need this information and how do I use it:
Very briefly, I need to know this basic personal data in order to contact you regarding the photography service, the products you order and to get in touch with you in your family’s special milestones (Children birthday’s, going to school, anniversaries and etc..) reminding you of having a photoshoot so you do not need to be worried of having forgotten them, as part of my customer service.
Your IP address and location information collection allows me to analyze my web traffic. This analysis is about general trends rather than you as an individual, and your IP address is encoded and not visible to me.
I will only use your personal data when legally permitted. The most common uses of your personal data are:
– Where I need to perform the contract between us;
– Where it is necessary for our legitimate interest and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests;
– Where I need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
I require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service
and in particular for the following reasons:
– Internal record keeping;
– I may use the information to improve my products and services;
– I may periodically send promotional emails about new service, special offers or other information which I think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided;
– From time to time, I may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes by email.
* Generally, I do not rely on consent as a legal ground for processing your personal data, other than in relation to sending marketing communications to you via email. You have the right to withdraw consent to marketing at any time by emailing me
How long I keep your information:
I am required under UK tax law to keep your basic personal data (name, address, contact details) for a minimum of 6 years. After this point your information will be kept until you notify me otherwise; you have the right to be forgotten so contact me if you would like your data to be destroyed.
You will not be added to any other marketing lists unless you have opted in to those yourself. If you are also an email subscriber, please see the Email Subscriber section below to see how your data is used in that context.
My website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave my site, you should note that I do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, I cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
A cookie is a file containing an identifier (a string of letters and numbers) that is sent by a web server to a web browser and is stored by the browser. The identifier is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server. This enables the web server to identify and track the web browser.
I may use both “session” cookies and “persistent” cookies on the website. Session cookies will be deleted from your computer when you close your browser. Persistent cookies will remain stored on your computer until deleted, or until they reach a specified expiry date.
I will use the session cookies to keep track of you whilst you navigate the website and to prevent fraud and increase website security. I will use the persistent cookies to enable my website to recognize you when you visit and keep track of your preferences in relation to your use of my website.
In most Internet browsers, you can change your settings so that you will be warned each time a cookie is being sent, or so that cookies will be turned off. With cookies blocked, some functions of the site may not operate properly.
General Terms and Conditions
- The session fee pays for the time and talent of the photographer and for your in-person viewing appointment. It does not include any finished portraits. The session fee is due at the time of your portrait session. Session fees are non-refundable, however with 48 hours’ notice it can be rescheduled in case of an emergency.
- If you have a sick child on the day of the session, please call to reschedule. If you try to keep the appointment, I will most likely request that you reschedule if I notice your child is sick. Sick or uncomfortable children do not like to be photographed and I know that you will not love your portraits nearly as much as if he or she was in good health.
- If you have or are having a boy, please DO NOT CIRCUMCISE your child before your session. I will be swaddling your baby tightly while he is naked, and moving him from one position to another constantly during the session. This is very painful for a child who has just been I will NOT photograph a newborn who has been circumcised less than 6 days prior to the session.
- Please bring only the subjects to be photographed to the session. This is especially important with pets and kids, as I will need their full attention on the children rather than looking at other members of the family. Of course parents are always welcome!
- Personal cameras are not allowed during your session. Please refrain from taking I-phone images or videotaping.
- You agree to hold harmless, Golriz Farmani, her representatives and assistants from any dispute in the event you or your family become injured during your session or while on the studio premises. Golriz Photography and its representatives will not be held liable for any injury to you, your children or your family members, or for any damage to your property during the photo session or while on studio premises.
Design and Viewing Session
- You will view your portraits at a personally attended slideshow. You will be asked to order at this time. Please make sure all decision makers are present, as additional ordering appointments incur a £100 fee.
- Once your order is placed in-person, your ordered digital images will be uploaded to an online print lab where you may print products form your Printing with them will ensure professional quality and correct color. Images will be hosted here for a period of 3-6 months upon your request. Anyone whom you choose to share the gallery with be able to purchase prints and products directly from the lab. We cannot control access and only give authorized access to the client who made the purchase.
- Almost all the clients invest in digital files. With a “Create Your Own Collection” purchase, you will be able to download your files in a couple of days of your ordering appointment. Due to the downloadable nature of this content, once files are sent to the client the sale is final and non-refundable.
- Clients who cannot make a decision about products or images during their viewing appointment may schedule an additional ordering appointment for a £100 fee. I do NOT offer online galleries for ordering. Digital files cannot be released until full payment is
- While I do capture many images during your session, you will see only those images selected by the artist, for previewing. I carefully render each image to ensure maximum artistry and technical excellence. Images with eyes closed, heads turned, duplicates, etc. will not be shown and are removed from our archives permanently after the artist rendering is complete.
- Due to the custom nature of the work, payment for your order must be placed in full and is subject to a 50% cancellation fee should you change your mind about an order after it is placed. Once an order is sent to the lab or digital files are submitted to the client either by CD, USB, electronic transfer or email, the order is deemed non-refundable. Payments may be made by cash, Bank Transfer, Visa debit or Credit Cards Online.
- All ordered images are kept on file for a period of 1 year. Un-ordered images are removed from my archives after 30 days.
- The Copyright Act protects photographers by giving us the exclusive right to reproduce your photographs. Violations include, but are not limited to, making illegal copies, scanning, printing from home or downloading from our website. It is illegal to copy, edit, alter or reproduce these photographs in any manner without our permission and violators of this Federal Law will be subject to its civil and criminal Please understand, the photographer wishes to maintain complete control over the print quality, finishes and presentation of the images and any reproduction outside of the studio may lower the quality of the image and scar my reputation for providing superior portraits.
- Once a transaction has been completed (i.e., the client selected and paid for the photo) it is then considered non-refundable. Refunds will NOT be given due to any reason (i.e., “not liking a photo”, selecting an incorrect photo or any other reason) after the client has purchased the photograph (complete the transaction).
For the digital files, should the download fail we will allow additional downloads free of charge.
Due to the size of your selected product, the photo may need to be cropped appropriately. Please make sure to check cropping of your selected photograph before placing your order.
If a mistaken photo is sent to the client as documented on the invoice, you will be send the correct photo free of charge. GolrizPhotography does work with the client to replace, correct, or reprint due to errors in goods received compared to goods ordered.
If you did not receive your order or your order is incomplete, you have 15 days from the delivery date to call and have your order verified. We reserve the right after 15 days to refuse all orders that have not been thoroughly checked. ( Please consider extra time for Frames delivery as mentioned above).